You are here
|Title||The FARMS Review 19/1 (2007)|
|Year of Publication||2007|
|Secondary Authors||Peterson, Daniel C.|
|Publisher||Neal A. Maxwell Institute for Religious Scholarship|
|Place Published||Provo, UT|
The principal purpose of the FARMS Review is to help serious readers make informed choices and judgments about books published primarily on the Book of Mormon. The evaluations are intended to encourage reliable scholarship on the Book of Mormon.
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- Editor's Introduction, Reflections on the Reactions to Rough Stone Rolling and Related Matters
- Davis Bitton: His Scholarship and Faith
- Valuing Davis Bitton
- A New Chronicler in the Old Style
- The Book of Mormon as Automatic Writing: Beware the Virtus Dormitiva
- Reformed Egyptian
- Sacred Writing on Metal Plates in the Ancient Mediterranean
- Two Stories—One Faith
- Does God Have a Wife?
- The Study of Mormonism: A Growing Interest in Academia
- Rethinking Theology: The Shadow of the Apocalypse
- New Religious Movements and Orthodoxy: The Challenge to the Religious Mainstream
- You've Seen One Elohim, You've Seen Them All? A Critique of Mormonism's Use of Psalm 82
- “Ye Really Are Gods”: A Response to Michael Heiser concerning the LDS Use of Psalm 82 and the Gospel of John
- Israel's Divine Council, Mormonism, and Evangelicalism: Clarifying the Issues and Directions for Future Study
- Turning Away
- Disarray Revisited
- Forward or Drawrof?
- A Method for Studying the Facsimiles
- A Sinking Ship?