You are here
|Title||The FARMS Review 15/2 (2003)|
|Secondary Authors||Peterson, Daniel C.|
|Year of Publication||2003|
|Publisher||Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies|
|Place Published||Provo, UT|
|Keywords||Criticism; DNA; Early Church History; Genetics; Scholarship|
The principal purpose of the FARMS Review is to help serious readers make informed choices and judgments about books published primarily on the Book of Mormon. The evaluations are intended to encourage reliable scholarship on the Book of Mormon.
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- Editor's Introduction: Of “Galileo Events,” Hype, and Suppression: Or, Abusing Science and Its History
- Appendix, On Aping Aristotle: Modern-day Simplicios
- Holding Fast to the Word: A Review of Historicity and the Latter-day Saint Scriptures
- Confusions of Tongues and a Map
- Prolegomena to the DNA Articles
- Detecting Lehi's Genetic Signature: Possible, Probable, or Not?
- Nephi's Neighbors: Book of Mormon Peoples and Pre-Columbian Populations
- Swimming in the Gene Pool: Israelite Kinship Relations, Genes, and Genealogy
- Elusive Israel and the Numerical Dynamics of Population Mixing
- The Charge of "Racism" in the Book of Mormon
- A Trial Lawyer Reviews Will Bagley’s Blood of the Prophets
- An Insider’s View of Mormon Origins Statement from the Joseph Fielding Smith Institute for Latter-day Saint History
- The Charge of a Man with a Broken Lance (But Look What He Doesn’t Tell Us)
- Trustworthy History?
- A One-sided View of Mormon Origins
- Prying into Palmer
- An Exemplary Biography
- A New Evangelical Vision of God: Openness and Mormon Thought
- A Bird’s-Eye View of the Mormon Prophet
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free