You are here
The Book of Mormon: Mosiah, Salvation Only Through Christ
|The Book of Mormon: Mosiah, Salvation Only Through Christ
|Year of Publication
|Nyman, Monte S., and Charles D. Tate, Jr.
|The Book of Mormon Symposium Series
|Number of Pages
|Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University
King Benjamin’s monumental address on service and the Savior; the powerful testimony and the martyrdom of the prophet Abinadi; the moving conversion stories of both Alma the Elder and Alma the Younger; the deliverance of Nephites from Lamanite bondage—this is the historically and doctrinally rich material of which this volume’s papers draw their themes. Other questions and issues are explored: What specific, vital lessons about following living prophets, making and keeping covenants, and developing Christlike qualities can parents draw from the book of Mosiah to teach to their children, and how can they effectively teach them those lessons? What political and social insights, as well as warnings, are implied by the similarities between the Nephite system of judges and the constitutional system of the United States? Other topics include an in-depth look at the priesthood calling and practices, the process of spiritual rebirth, and lessons on bondage.
Table of Contents
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- "The Children of Christ"
- What Parents Should Teach Their Children from the Book of Mosiah
- King Benjamin: In the Service of Your God
- Benjamin and Noah: The Principle of Dominion
- Lessons from the Zarahemla Churches
- Divine Indebtedness and the Atonement
- Abinadi: The Prophet and Martyr
- Government by the Voice of the People: A Witness and a Warning
- The Natural Man: An Enemy to God
- Abinadi's Commentary on Isaiah
- Priesthood in Mosiah
- Church Discipline in the Book of Mosiah
- For the Sake of Retaining a Remission of Your Sins
- Spiritual Rebirth
- Deliverance from Bondage
Get the latest updates on Book of Mormon topics and research for free