You are here
|Title||The Book of Mormon: Jacob through Words of Mormon, To Learn with Joy|
|Year of Publication||1990|
|Series Editor||Nyman, Monte S., and Charles D. Tate, Jr.|
|Series Title||The Book of Mormon Symposium Series|
|Number of Pages||333|
|Publisher||Religious Studies Center, Brigham Young University|
|Keywords||Jacob; Jarom; Joy; Learning; Omni; Words of Mormon|
The remarks of this volume are centered on the small plates of Nephi—Jacob through the Words of Mormon. The greatness of Lehi’s son Jacob is brought out, with special reference to his remarkable grasp of the doctrine of the Atonement, his powerful preaching about Christ, and his affirmations as to the central role of Christ in all gospel dispensations. Enos, Amaleki, and the anti-Christ Sherem are other topics discussed. Clarification is given on the structure of the Book of Mormon in terms of the large and the small plates of Nephi, the plates of Mormon (the abridgment), and the Words of Mormon. Latter-day Saint scholars who have experience the spiritual power of the Book of Mormon share here their insights on specific themes.
Table of Contents
Items in the BMC Archive are made publicly available for non-commercial, private use. Inclusion within the BMC Archive does not imply endorsement. Items do not represent the official views of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or of Book of Mormon Central.
Table of Contents
- Jacob: Prophet, Theologian, Historian
- "I Speak Somewhat Concerning That Which I Have Written"
- "We Did Magnify Our Office unto the Lord"
- Botantical Comparisons in the Allegory of the Olive Tree
- The Religion of Moses and the Book of Mormon
- Prophetic Decree and Ancient Histories Tell the Story of America
- Enos: His Mission and His Message
- The Testimony of Christ Through the Ages
- Sherem the Anti-Christ
- To Learn with Joy: Sacred Preaching, Great Revelation, Prophesying
- The Small Plates of Nephi and the Words of Mormon
- Pride and Riches
- Enos and the Words Concerning Eternal Life
- Literary Reflections on Jacob and His Descendants
- Mortality and Marriage in the Book of Mormon
- The Testimony of Amaleki